In fact a statue above the West entrance to St Bartholomew’s hospital. The hospital was founded in the 12th century by Rahere as part of a priory. It was given a reprieve by Henry viii in 1546 after the priory was dissolved. Hence the statue of Henry, believed to be the only outdoor statue of him in London. Find out more about Rahere and the priory on our Smithfield walk.